Call for Expression of Interest for Marketing Agencies that will design and implement awareness raising campaign for Amicable Settlement of Labour Disputes
This component focuses on capacity building activities to be delivered by the ILO technical specialists along with practitioners from EU member states (MS) on topics such as wage fixing in the public sector, minimum wage setting and its relation to the informal economy, employment relationship, social security reforms, active labour market policies, youth employment, collective bargaining benefits including wage-productivity linkage among others to the members of the ESC and its permanent secretariat. The project will also facilitate the creation of an external “pool” of technical expertise the ESC will be able to draw on in order to expand its research scope.
Component 2: Encouraging collective bargaining and setting sectoral collective bargaining infrastructures
This component of the project will enhance the capacity of both the government and the social partners to increase the effectiveness of collective bargaining. Measures will be devised and implemented with ILO assistance in the framework of a national tripartite Action Plan.
Technical capacity of the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy to pro-actively perform its key functions to promote collective bargaining including the setting of enabling regulatory and institutional frameworks will be strengthened. At the same time, the capacity of employers’ organizations and trade unions to negotiate effectively and to reach out to potential members will be reinforced. The latter will be achieved through implementation of a training programme on how to effectively engage in collective bargaining targeting employers’ and workers’ organizations at national and sectoral level.
Component 3: Establishing an operational amicable settlement of labour disputes
Under this component, the project will assist in the establishment of an operational and cost-effective mechanism for amicable settlement of labour disputes, and will support the creation and training of a roster of specialised labour mediators/conciliators. Once implemented, the new mechanism is expected to support the social partners in preventing and resolving disputes arising in the process of collective bargaining.
Call for expression of interest within Activity 3.4.1: Campaign to promote Aamicable Settlement of Labour Disputes
The present call for expression of interest aims at prospecting marketing agencies, who will be interested in designing and implementing awareness raising campaign on the advantages of Amicable Settlement of labour Disputes in coordination with the project team and withMs Cristina Mihes, ILO Senior Specialist in Social Dialogue and Labour Law.
Marketing Agencies interested in completing assignment detailed below are encouraged to submit their applications:
Activity Task details Time frame Estimated number of months
3.4.1 – Awareness raising campaign on the advantages of ALDS to be designed by a media company and carried out through the media and promotional events and tools at national and local levels. July 2015 till December 2015 6 months
The campaign will be organized and implemented between July 2015 and end of December 2015 with the assistance and services provided by a specialized companies.
Conditions for eligibility
The service providing company herein “Contractor”, should be:
– A legal commercial entity with full authorization to provide services in the requested field
– Provided with sufficient human resources for undertaking the assumed tasks in due time and at agreed prices
– Provided with sufficient infrastructure (owned or contracted) for designing, producing and providing goods or services related to the present ToR in time and places agreed with the beneficiary
– Experienced in the field of communication by hard and electronic means and with a relevant portfolio matter related.
– Provided with resources to communicate in English with the Managing team of the Project and ILO and EC representatives.
– The Contractor must be a formal employer, with no criminal or fiscal records and with a stable certified financial situation.
Tasks to be accomplished by the Contractor:
Two contractors will be selected. One contractor will be responsible for the preparation of the promotional video and radio clip, while second contractor will prepare the campaign for printed media and internet portals.
The contractors will attend in maximum 10 days after being selected a planning meeting with Project management and ILO Specialist aiming to decide steps forward for the campaign implementation.
The contractors will propose and provide services related to following activities:
a) Designing awareness raising campaign for Amicable Settlement of Labour Disputes, which will aim to:
1. Build awareness of workers, employers and their organizations on the advantages of Amicable Settlement of Labour Disputes
2. Advertise the newly established mechanism for Amicable Settlement of Labour Disputes
3. Encourage workers, employers and their organizations to make recourse to the new mechanism for Amicable Settlement of Labour Disputes.
and will include at least:
1. 1 -2 min promotional video and radio-clip to be broadcast on national and local TV and radio stations starting with August 2015
2. External communication mix (press, online, advertising, public relations)
3. Six months communication plan for point 2) above.
The list of above mentioned outputs is not restrictive. It could be amended following consultation of project team and fitting the approved budget.
Application of External Collaborators/Consulting companies
Marketing Agencies interested to collaborate with the IPA/ILO project on promoting social dialogue in the above areas of expertise are kindly requested to submit their expression of interest by 25thJune, 2015 to the e-mail address email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Marketing Agencies should submit the following:
– Agency portfolio
– Bidder’s prior experience in the relevant field
– List of references
The ILO retains the right to accept or reject any application. Selection of the marketing agency will be done according to ILO project procedures. Applicants will be contacted by the project office and they will receive the terms of reference with detailed requirements and descriptions of tasks. Marketing agency selected for a particular assignment will sign an external collaboration contract with the ILO for the specific task and for a specific duration; this by no means constitutes permanent employment by the ILO or any prospect thereof.